How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

16:45:00

Heya,

So this week I thought I would share with you the technique of how I clean my Makeup Brushes.

DISCLAIMER:
This is a technique that I have developed and in no way am I a professional in Beauty, so if you feel I am doing something wrong, please do not judge and keep your negative comments to your self!

I clean my Brushes either once a week or once a fortnight (2 weeks) depending  on how often I have used them.

YOU WILL NEED:

Everyday use Shampoo or Baby Shampoo
A small bowl with a small amount of Oil in it
A bowl of warm (but not hot) water
Kitchen Towel
A sink with running warm water
An old Towel/ Tea Towel
Your Makeup Brushes

METHOD:

1. Take your first brush and swirl it around in the bowl of warm water

2. Dip the brush into the oil and swirl around

3. Swirl the brush into the bowl of warm water once again

4. Take the bottle of shampoo and squeeze a walnut size amount onto your hand

5. Swirl the brush into the shampoo to create a creamy lather on your hand which should be the colour of your foundation/powder/concealer/blush/bronzer

6. With the brush pointing downwards, run the brush under the running water using your other hand to squeeze and push down the brush hairs until the water runs clear.

7. With larger brushes ( foundation, powder, concealer, blush, bronzing), repeat steps 4-6 once more to ensure all product is removed from the brush.

8. Using Kitchen Towel, squeeze out any excess water and lay the brushes down onto an old Towel or Tea Towel

9. After 2-3 hours, turn the brushes over to ensure even drying

I hope you have enjoyed this post and it has been both helpful and insightful.

Please let me know what post you would like to see next week and don't forget to checkout my Facebook page: Daisy Chain Fashion

Love Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews