Top 5 Charity Shop shopping tips, for finding a great bargain.

20:55:00

Heya,


On my recent break to Southport, visiting family, we took a visit to a lovely little town full to the brim with lots of amazing Charity Shops, or Thrift shops. Here we found lots of lovely bargains on items that would usually be a save-up treat. In one particular shop, I found a beautiful Topshop dress that would usually retail for around £60.00, however I bought it for £5.50. I also found a cute set of Jam Jars, that I am planning on using for my Beauty Products. What's more, all the proceeds go to worthy charities, meaning it benefits all. 

Because of these fab finds, I thought I would share with you my 5 top tips for finding a worthy bargain in Charity shops. 

No matter what the store looks like from the outside in, messy or neat, there's all ways a chance you will find something amazing, even if that is hiding amongst other things, so my first tip would be: 
1. Give every Charity store a chance. 
I find that usually the stores with the most stock, and those that are a little messy, have the best stuff. It may take a lot of rummaging, but you could find something.

 My second tip would be: 
2. Don't be afraid to try something new
You see this beautiful top, but it's not something you would usually go for. Don't be afraid to try it, take advantage of the fact that there are dressing rooms and try it. If you don't like it at least you gave it a chance. Chances are you will love it, and if you don't try, you may regret it. Don't forget once it's sold its gone forever. 

That leads me on to my third tip: 
3. Always try on what you find
If, and when you find something, always try it on. Charity stores will not accept returns and refunds, so once you've bought something, it's yours forever (unless you sell it on or redonate) so it's not worth not trying it on before you buy it. You can't always guarentee that that size 10 dress you've picked out will fit just because it's your normal size. 

My fourth tip involves the location of the charity shops you choose. I find that the wealthier the area, the better bargain you may get, and so my fourth tip is:
4. Try to go to wealthier areas for big branded bargains
If you love the idea of owning designer or expensive items, Charity shops in wealthier areas will often have been donated items that are of a high end, or more expensive brand, meaning you can often pick up some great bargains for a fraction of their retail price. 

My last tip is not really a tip, but  more of a reminder: 
5. Think about how your money could be helping someone, or something around the world or at home
When buying at charity stores, your money will go towards a charity, hence its title of a charity shop. Think less of your items being preloved, and more of the fact that you buying something you love, may help someone with something they love.

Don't forget to donate your old clothing, shoes, accessories and homeware, if in good condition, as most stores are always in need of new stock.

I hope that my tips have helped and inspired you when going charity shopping. Please let me know what you think, by leaving me a comment below, or contacting me over any of my social media accounts. Do you like this type of post? Would you like to see more? Has this helped or inspired you? I'd love to know! 

Also please let me know what types of post you would like to see in the near future? 

Love Emily x 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews