Spring Makeup Tutorial

14:36:00

Heya, 


So this week I thought as the Spring has started to make an appearance, I would take this opportunity and put together a Spring Makeup Tutorial. When I think of spring I think of flowers, light and refreshment, so I have chosen products that reflect this vision. I have gone for light, fairly neutral colours, and beaufitful highlights that will reflect the light creating that perfect light, refreshed look. 



So I started with a fresh, clean face, as makeup applies best to this base. 


THE BASE: 

I first applied a moisturiser to the parts of the face that suffer from dryness, for me that is my forehead,  T-zone and chin. I followed this by applying an eye cream under my eyes. I chose the Moisturiser and Eyecream from Benefits Skincare range as I feel that these work well under makeup and feel refreshing on the skin creating a good base to work from. 


I then used Benefit Porefessional on and around my T-zone to remove the appearance of pores. I love Porefessional as it really works to remove the appearance pores to create the flawless finish you want from using makeup. 


Following the primer, I used my Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation in the colour '70 Natural'. I chose this foundation as it does not appear to thick on the skin and covers any imperfections on the face that you would expect from a good foundation, creating the start to a flawless base. I would say it does adapt to the colour of the skin completely, but it does slightly, enough to suit my skin tone. I apply this using the Real Techniques Face Brush from the 'Nic's Pics' collection, and buff the foundation into my skin until it is well blended. 


To conceal any remaining blemishes and to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, I used the Benefit 'Boi-ing' Concealer in the shade '02'. A cream concealer which I applied to my blemishes using my finger and blending using a Real Techniques Angled Foubdation Brush. 


To finish the base makeup, I used the Seventeen 'Miracle Matte' Pressed powder all over my face, concentrating mostly on the parts of my face that can get oily across the day. The powder leaves a matte finish and secures the makeup in place to last the day. I use this in the shade, 'Silky Beige' and applied it using an Ecotools Powder Brush. 



THE EYES:
Next I used the Max Factor Excess Shimmer cream eyeshadow all over my eyelids using my finger. I then blended this in a little using a real techniques shadow brush, to reduce the intensity so that is creates a soft shimmer. 


In the crease of the eyelid I used a light matte eyeshadow by No7 and blended this in using an angled shadow brush by Real Techniques. This contours the eye and ensures that there is a natural definition between where the eye lid ends and the browbone begins. 


Next, using the Benefit 'They're Real Push up Liner' created a simple winged liner following the natural shape of my eye and lash line, creating a flick in line with where my eyebrow ends. I then applied about three coats of the Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara onto my top lashes. I love this duo as they are both so effective and the results are visible. 





BROWS

For my brows I just brush through them using a brow comb, as my brows are already dark and defined. I do this to remove any loose makeup that may have stuck to them, but also to define the natural shape. However if you usually fill in your brows, do so using your fave brow kit in the way you usually would. 

CHEEKS:

To contour I used the BodyShop Honey Bronzing Powder in 'Medium' and applied this in the shape of a '3' on my right side and a capital 'E' on my left side, starting from my temples and ending under my jaw line, ensuring that the Middle line of the shape goes through the hollows of my cheeks. To apply this I used the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Brush from 'Nic's Pics'.
 

On the apples if my cheeks I applied Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in the shade '10 Nude Mauve' using a Blush Brush by Real Techniques. I love this product as it creates a lovely sweep of colour but also acts as a highlight catching the natural light. 



LIPS:

To try to keep the look as spring like as possible, I decided to pick and neutral colour for the lips. I used the Loreal Paris Insense Lipstick in '285 Pink Fever', first by outlining the lips using a lip brush for maximum definition and fullness and then filling in the rest of my lips. 


FRAGRANCE

Finish my adding a spritz or two of your fave springtime Fragrance. My current fave is 'Daisy Dream' by Marc Jacobs. 


THE END RESULT






I hope you like the end result and try this for yourself. This look will definitely be my everyday, go to look for this coming season! 

Please let me know what you think of this look and your Beauty tips and tricks for this Spring.

Love Emily x 






 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews