Holiday Packing Tips

15:21:00

Heya,

So as it's Summer holiday/vacation season and I'm off on my hols very soon, I thought I would put together a Holiday Packing post, packed with helpful tips to fit as much in your case as possible!

First off all start with what you are going to take. How much you take really depends on how long you will be away for. I recommend you start with one outfit per day made out up from clothes that can be dressed up from day to night. Also plan your outfits before you go so that you are only taking things you will definitely wear. Try to stick to a base colour, I.e blue, that goes with most colours in your wardrobe, and pack clothes around that colour. Choose underwear that can be worn with any of your items of clothing, this includes socks. Take a set of underwear for each day plus a couple extra pairs of socks. For nightwear, take 2 sets per week.

Pack shoes that will go with everything and suit the terrain and weather conditions in which your holiday destination has. For example you don't want to be wearing flimsy sandals in a rocky/hilly environment, or boots on a hot sandy beach. Stick to basic colours such as tan, black and your base colour in your clothing. This ensures your shoes will go with most of your clothing depending on the style of the items. Take as little shoes as possible, I recommend between 2 and 5 pairs for a holiday 7 days or over.

When you have chosen all what you are going to take, lay them out on the floor, separating each group of clothing, I.e all of your tops together.

Line your suitcase with your underwear. Suitcases often have sections under the lining from the bars on the back, separate each group of underwear using these. This creates more room in the case, creates and flat floor and also enables you to be able to see what you have packed. Fold your underwear and roll to pack as much in as possible.

On top of the underwear place your nightwear folded then rolled, then continue folding then rolling your clothing and placing them in the case until all your clothing is packed. Do up the straps in your case.
If you are taking a raincoat place this folded up on top of the clothing, if not, take a large plastic bag and place this on top instead. Then take your shoes and place on top the bag/ coat. The bag or coat will protect your clothing from dirty shoes.

This is your packed case which you can now zip up, padlock and take on your holidays!

I hope you loved reading this post and it has helped you on your packing struggles! Enjoy your holiday and have fun!

Love Emily x

(There will be no post next weekend, as I will be on Holiday, however, I will be able to cross some items off my Summer List so be sure to check back!)

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I'm off on holiday tomorrow and this post could not have been more helpful! Thank you x

    www.lalalasunaina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... I'm so glad to hear it! Thank you for reading it, and have a lovely holiday! x

      Delete
  2. Great tips, I always put my underwear in first, it saves so much space!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! It certainly does! It never helps to be unorganised when packing for Holidays!

      Delete
  3. Hey :) I've nominated you for The Liebster Award. Heres my post with all the information and questions! http://www.emilyraebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html
    Have a good day :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya, thenks so much for my nomination, I have infact already posted a Liebster Award, why not check it out!
      http://daisychainfashion123.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html x

      Delete
  4. Some great tips! I'm the world's worst over packer! Hope you have a lovely holiday x
    lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh have a wonderful time! I've also nominated you for the Liebster award! You'll find my questions for you at lilhm.blogspot.co.uk
    Congrats on your double nomination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have infact posted a Liebster award, why not check it out! http://daisychainfashion123.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html x

      Delete
  6. great tips! i wish i was going away somewhere to use them - jealous of your trip!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some RayBans and a beauty goodie bag worth £300 on my blog! click here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i'm glad you like it! Maybe use the tips for a holiday next year! x

      Delete
  7. aww... Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I just wanted to let you know I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    Click into my post right here to see what you gotta do!

    http://sadhbhers.blogspot.ie/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    Let me know if you do it, sorry if you have already done this award!

    Sadhbh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have infact posted a Liebster award, why not check it out! http://daisychainfashion123.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html x

      Delete
  9. I've tagged you to do the beauty blogger tag. All the questions are here; http://www.emilyraebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/the-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews