How to: The Faux Fur Trend (Part 1)

16:05:00

Heya,

I am here with another 'How-to' post as  my last one (how to: style a kimono) went down a storm, so I figured I'd put another one together but this time on one of Winter '14's biggest trends Faux Fur!

As I did last time, I shall provide you with 4 different ways you can wear/ style this trend as well as some example pieces that I love and think will work best! However I am going to spread the 4 looks across 4 weeks as there is so much that can be said for each way!

Part 1 is The Faux Fur Jacket!

1. The Faux Fur Jacket.

Faux Fur jackets have always been around however they have not always been 100% on trend until this year where fashion has taken a huge turn for them!  I would style them in ways according to their colour!

Black or white Faux Fur jackets I believe are best for evening wear. They have that look of glamour and sophistication!  Team it with a plain pencil or tube dress in a complimentary colour; for example with a white faux fur jacket- a dress in pale pink or black and with a black faux fur jacket a dress that is white or deep shade of purple (to be fair most muted colours will go with a black jacket!). If a dress isn't your thing you can still create that glam factor by teaming the jacket with a pair of skinny leg/ slim fit trousers. I think pale pink/ nude or black would work well with both colour jackets. Wear a plain and simple top to allow the jacket to be the wow factor of the piece!
Shoes wise; a pair of black, nude,  silver or gold ankle strap heels will look great with any of the glam looks of the Faux Fur jacket.

For a more casual look- I would go for a brown/ mottled/ cream Faux Fur jacket. These look great with a pair of Blue or Black skinny jeans and a simple tee! I would also team this look with a pair of flat or heeled Chelsea boots for that girly touch!  I just feel that this choice of foot wear looks best with the jacket! This look would be great for those chilly winter days and though it is so simple, it looks so beautiful and daytime-glam!
For those extra chilly days wear a long sleeved tee under the jacket.

Animal Print Faux Fur jackets can work with both the evening and daytime looks and just add that little bit of extra detail that I love!  Worn with the right items it can look great however when wearing the animal print Faux Fur avoid any other hints of animal print and clashing prints/ colours as the outfit can easily become  'tacky'. Try wearing a black dress/trousers for evening wear and keep it neutral for daytime.  By this I mean wear brown or black boots and a white,  black or grey top!

Here are my faves for look and suitability! :

Topshop
£75.00
Topshop
£75.00
Yumi (at Debenhams)
£45.00
Red Herring (at Debenhams)
£79.00
ASOS
£160.00
ASOS
£75.00

ASOS
 £80.00



Boohoo
Thank you so much for reading! I hope it has been beneficial and helpful to you. Don't forget to come back next week for Part 2 of How-to: Faux Fur Trend.

Love Emily x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews