Holiday 2015: My Holiday Makeup Look | Beauty

10:00:00

Heya,


So I thought I'd share with you my Holiday look that I wore most days- it's essentially a Bronzed look with a nude lip and bold Brows. I chose this look as it gives a natural summer glow, and is not too heavy for when the Sun is out- there's nothing worse the having thick makeup on in the heat!

So this is the look:  


And here's how to achieve it: 

Step 1, as always is to moisturise and prime you face- I use a matte foundation so the moisturising step is essential for me! 

I then take my Collection Concealer (my holy grail product), and put this under my eyes in a triangle shape, and follow this by dotting out any blemishes/ spots using the applicator. Then it's time to blendy- blendy using a fluffy brush. I use the real techniques expert face brush. I find By applying my concealer first, I don't need as much foundation and I achieve a better base for my foundation. 

Next I take my foundation- Loreal Infallible matte foundation in Vanilla- and dot this around my face, evenly, followed by blending it out with my Face Brush from the Nic's Picks Collection. I should now be left with a clear base. 

Moving onto brows. I use an eyeshadow in a deep brown similar to my natural colour, from my W7 'in the nude' palette, a great dupe for the Naked Pallettes. I take an angled liner brush and dip in the colour, then following and defining my natural brow shape, enhancing the arch. 

Once my brows are complete I move onto eyeshadow. As a base I start with the Maybelline Mono-colour in the shade 'lustrous beige'- a beautifully pigmented rose-gold with a hint of silver. I cover my whole lid with this up to my crease. In the crease I use a mid-dark shimmery bronze colour using my Real Techniques angled shadow brush. Holding it with the longest part of the brush in the crease so the colour is applied and blended at the same time. 

Now it's time for eyeliner- the tricky bit! I alter between the loreal super liner (a pen) and a liquid liner, really it's up to what you find easiest! I look down into a mirror, meaning I can keep both my eyes open while applying. I try to keep the line along my lash line to a medium thickness, but most of the time this  doesn't work, or it will on one eye and not the other, so I end up sorting the thinner one which turns out thicker... It's a never ending struggle! But, when it's eventually even I create the wing at the edge of my eye. 

My favourite mascara right now is the Maybelline Lash Sensational (see my review here) which I use I my upper lashes only. I tend to apply 4-5 brush strokes on each eye. 

For my bottom lashes, I leave them mascara free, however in my water line I apply a light/medium brown eyeliner, all the way along, to add a bit of subtle definition. 

I don't spend the time contouring for this look. I just take a my Seventeen Bronze Shimmer rocks and apply this on a big fluffy brush as an all over bronze on my forehead, cheekbones, chin and nose. This creates a nice healthy glow! 

Nearly finished...

Lastly, for my lips I take a nude-pink lip liner to define my lips, outlining them. Then take my Kate Moss Rimmel 101 Lipstick to fill them in, then blend the two colours together. 


Hope you like this look, and will maybe try it youself? Let me know what you think! 
Be sure  to checkout my last two Holiday 2015 posts below: 



Love Emily x 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews