Summer List 2014: Pass or Fail

09:26:00

Heya,

So as you may have known, over the summer I set my the challenge of completing a list of things to do. This list consisted of Fashion,  Beauty and Lifestyle activities. Now that Summer is over it has come the time when I review this list and see whether I have succeeded!


THE LIST:

  • Finish reading The Fault In Our Stars book
OMG! It's so Amazing! I knew it would be good, as everyone had been raving about it, but I hadn't anticipated how good it would be! The ending wasn't a surprise to me, as I had been told, accidentally what happened. 
  • Watch the Fault In Our Stars film
  • Go to the Beach 
I went to the beach with my friends, where we took a rather large picnic, moved places a couple of times, chatted and we even went swimming in the sea! I had so much fun! The weather was fab, although we did have a little rain- but that only lasted 5 minutes! 
  • Own a Black Leather-look Backpack 
  • Master the Winged Eyeliner Flick 
It's taken a while to master the Winged eyeliner Flick, or Cat eye flick as it also known. After finding a fantastic product for my application method (see beauty review no7 stay-precise felt tip eyeliner), I have mastered the flick, and am able to do (almost) perfect and matching eyeliner each day! 
  • Visit London 
I visited London with my friends, we visited most the major attractions, such as M&M World, Leicester Square, China Town, Covent Garden, Hyde Park, Oxford Street and spent at least an hour and a half in Harrods browsing each of the Levels! I even had my first Starbucks! (try the Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappe). I had a fab day! 
  • Go shopping in London 
While visiting London with my friends, we also went into the HUGE Topshop and H&M down Oxford Street. I had never been in this particular Topshop, and I was pleasantly surprised and I have to say it is one of my favourite Topshop's I have ever been in! I didn't buy anything in Topshop, but in H&M i went ahead and bought a dress, hair scrunch and earrings. The dress had to unfortunately be returned. 
  • Update a piece of clothing in my Wardrobe to create something new or more on trend
  • Paint my nails at least ONCE a week
Now that I am at Sixth Form, I am able to wear Nail Polish everyday! Hooray! So I have been able to paint them on a weekly basis! 
  • Read The Book Thief 
  • Watch Frozen for the second time 
  • Sort through ALL of my earrings 
  • Go on Holiday
Just under a two weeks ago, I went on my holidays to Dublin, Ireland.  I had a fantastic time visiting all the attractions of which we hadn't visited before and loved all the shops! 
  • Sleep in a tent for a night 
  • Try to Instagram everyday for 2 weeks 
  • Paint my room 
My room has been redecorated! Before it was a faded lilac colour scheme, now after a whole lot of paint, it is a grayish white accompanied with a really pretty blue feature wall, we are now just filling the room with lots of pretty accessories! 
  • Try a new Hairstyle  
The new hairstyle I tried out this summer, was the Simple ponytail, changed to make your hair look longer. The way this is achieved is by having two ponytails, the second one lower down on the head and hidden so only the end can be seen. The overall effect is that you have a long and luscious ponytail. (COMMENT IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO A TUTORIAL!)
  • Go running at least once a week 
  • Go swimming in the sea
Whilst at the beach with my friends I had the chance to go swimming in the sea! I hadn't been swimming in the sea properly for a long time so it was so nice to be able to once again! The water was surprisingly warm in places, and the waves were perfect for a gentle drift on the water- like boogie-boarding but with out the board! 
  • Try to wear a bolder lip colour 
  • Visit a Historic building 

I visited Bodiam Castle in Kent with my friends where we took a stroll around the grounds, castle and surrounding area while taking lots of pics and having a whole load of fun!
  • Own a Kimono 
  • Try a new food/drink 
On my adventures in Ireland, I tried a traditional Irish food called Champ. This is a mash potato dish that also has onion, butter and milk in it. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but it is so delicious! It's very cheesy, although it hasn't actually got cheese in it! 


All the things that I have completed are in red and have a description below them of how I got on. As you can see, there are still some items on the list that I have not completed, which may or may not be completed soon. Some such as the films and shopping items, can be, however, sleeping in a tent and sorting through my earrings, maybe not. It's too cold and I am currently being weighed down with A Level work!

12 out of 23 completed.
11 out of 23 uncompleted.
6 out of 12 completable.
6 out of 12 in-completable

So I think I've done OK, I could have done better....

Let me know what you think, how you got on and anything you would like to see on my blog in the near future!

Love Emily x

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I have been overworked with Alevel studies and starting at a new school! I will try to get back into routine very soon!)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews